Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Akin Gump: First-Hand Knowledge of My Employability -- April to October 1991

Angelo Scaricamazza, Esq.
Naulty, Scaricamazza, & McDevitt
Philadelphia, PA
Telephone: 215-568-5116

Dear Mr. Scaricamazza:


Enclosed is my monthly felony fraud certification for June 2012.  There is circumstantial evidence that I am engaged in the commission of a felony against the government of the United States.  There is circumstantial evidence that I have used The George Washington University to help me defraud the government of the United States of hundreds of thousands of dollars in Social Security Disability benefits. 

I was employed as a paralegal at the DC office of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld from March 1988 to October 1991.  Your colleague Robert Dillon, Esq., then a paralegal, and I worked in the same office (the "Terrace Suite") at Akin Gump from April 8, 1991 to October 29, 1991.  Mr. Dillon and I worked in adjoining cubicles from April 8, 1991 to about mid-July 1991.

I request that you counsel your colleague, Robert Dillon, Esq. to disclose to the FBI Washington Field Office any information he has relating to issues of my employability (and qualification for Social Security Disability benefits):

1.  Does Mr. Dillon have any information that my behavior was bizarre, disruptive and violent as alleged by Dennis M. Race, Esq. in a sworn interrogatory response dated May 22, 1992 filed by Akin Gump with the D.C. Department of Human Rights?

2.  Does Mr. Dillon have any knowledge concerning Mr. Race's investigation of a job harassment complaint I lodged against supervisory employee Chris Robertson and others on October 23, 1991?  What was the content of any conversations (if any) Mr. Dillon had with Mr. Race concerning my allegations of job harassment?

3.  Does Mr. Dillon have any information concerning the reported fears of Chris Robertson that I might plausibly carry out a homicidal assault on the firm and her perceived need to secure the Terrace Office against such an assault in the period October 29, 1991 and after?

4.  Has Mr. Dillon had any communications with any Akin Gump attorneys about me since October 29, 1991?

5.  Does Mr. Dillon have any knowledge of a rumor current in the firm that I was homosexual, which knowledge would controvert the following interrogatory response made by Dennis Race?

"B. Until the filing of this Charge, the subject of Claimant's sexual orientation was never brought up by Claimant or anyone involved directly or indirectly with Claimant's employment. While Claimant raised concerns about sexual and religious harassment, he never stated that it was based on his sexual orientation -- nor was it ever interpreted as such by anyone involved in this matter.

D. Claimant never complained of discrimination treatment based on sexual orientation.

Respondent contends that Claimant was terminated for good cause, nondiscriminatory reasons. Claimant's sexual orientation was not a factor or even known by those involved in any stage of the decision process. Respondent denies any violation of law."

I thank you and Mr. Dillon in advance for your cooperation with my request for information to be supplied to the FBI concerning a possible felony committed against the Government of the United States (Social Security Fraud).  You can reach the FBI Washington Field Office at (202) 278-2000.

Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC  20008
202 362 7064

cc: FBI, Darrell Valdez (U.S. Attorney D.C.)

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Coworker Pat McNeil's report about my employability and Dennis Race's investigation of my harassment complaint:

On the evening of July 1, 1993 I spoke by telephone with a former Akin Gump coworker, Patricia McNeil. Summarized below are selected, material comments made by Pat McNeil. I supplied a copy of the tape recording of the phone call to the DC Corporation Counsel, the U.S. Secret Service, and the D.C. Police (Second District, Officer J.E. Williams, Badge 1226).

1. I thought you were a very professional person, a quiet person, who stayed to himself. I respected that. Some people are just not people-oriented.

2. I never thought you were a violent person.

3. [Noting that I posted therapists' appointment cards at my desk:] I heard people say, "He must be crazy, he's always going to a psychiatrist."

4. [Quoting comments by another coworker, Carletta Diggins, concerning my termination:] Carletta said, "I wonder what they did to Gary? Gary was such a nice person. He was really a quiet person. He didn't bother anyone." I told Carletta, "as good of a person as Gary is -- his work speaks for itself, it couldn't have been his work -- what did he do?" She said, "I don't know, Pat."

5. [States facetiously:] All of a sudden you became this crazy person. When you were hired you weren't crazy. When do you think you became crazy?

6. [Concerning Dennis Race's investigation of my allegation of harassment:] Dennis Race didn't question anybody in the Department. He never talked to me. If he did an investigation, wouldn't you think that he'd have talked to various ones in the Department? I don't know of anyone in the Department he talked to. Maybe he only talked to selected people Chris Robertson picked, Chris' favorites. [Note that Pat McNeil's conjecture suggests a violation by my supervisor, Chris Robertson, of D.C. Code sec. 1-2525(b), prohibiting the aiding or abetting of retaliation.]

7. All I know is that Chris said, "You all know that Gary is gone. And they're coming to change the locks, because we're afraid Gary may come back and he may try to kill me." I never pictured you to be a person who would do something like that.

8. Lutheria Harrison and Sherri Ann Patrick were promoted to paralegals. [Lutheria Harrison and Sherri Ann Patrick fit in the category of "Chris Robertson's favorites."]

Freedman v. D.C. Dept. of Human Rights, Record at 41.